Education, Skills & Training
Developing links between the contemporary craft industry and the education and training sectors is key to building a successful future for the craft sector in Northern Ireland. Craft NI works with its partners in the University and Further Education colleges to support and develop knowledge and understanding of the contemporary realities of the industry and promote the opportunities associated with a career in craft.
We also work to raise awareness of the value of craft in schools, emphasising the importance of making as a skill within early years, primary and secondary school curricula. We support these aims through our FEHE forum and links with partners such as Creative & Cultural Skills, the NI Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment, Education and Library Boards, Education and Training Inspectorate and schools.
- Ulster University
- Help Fund Ulster University Students for New Designers
- Digital Programme for NI Craft Sector Update
- Exporting Your Craft - Video
- Harnessing Creativity in Leitrim, Fermanagh and Tyrone
- In the News: The making it Programme
- Join the Craft Conversations
- New HCA Heritage Craft Awards Announced
- New Museums and Creative Industries Toolkit
- Rural Networking Meeting in Strabane