August Craft Month 2017 Event Call
August Craft Month is an annual celebration of contemporary craft and the applied arts in Northern Ireland. We are now calling for listings of all craft-related events taking place in August 2017! We can't wait to celebrate the vibrant craft sector in Northern Ireland with you!
We are inviting galleries, museums, local councils, craft organisations, arts centres, FE colleges, universities, heritage organisations and individual makers to consider programming events or activities during August Craft Month 2017 which support and promote themselves and/or their local designer-makers. August Craft Month 2017 is your opportunity to celebrate all things craft!
This is an opportunity for you to support local designer-makers and promote their work, and also provide opportunities for the public to experience, participate in and learn more about contemporary craft through workshops, exhibitions, demonstrations, talks and other craft events.
To submit your event details, please complete the Event Submission Form below.
The deadline for sending us your event details is 4pm March 31st 2017.
Due to the anticipated scale of August Craft Month 2017 we would encourage all potential participants to get their Event Submission Forms in to us as soon as possible.
Craft NI’s role in August Craft Month 2017:
As sector lead body for craft in Northern Ireland, the core role of Craft NI will be to:
- coordinate and collate the listings for an online event listing through a dedicated August Craft Month Website and sign posting flier, and;
- implement a comprehensive marketing and PR strategy for August Craft Month 2017.
August Craft Month 2017 events will be presented online through a dedicated August Craft Month website and promotional August Craft Month fliers will distributed will be circulated region-wide from June 2017. The idea of the dedicated website is to give a more inclusive feel to August Craft Month as a whole, and allow Craft NI to let YOUR programme of events really speak for itself. We hope that by doing things a little differently this year, August Craft Month will better reflect NI's growing and colourful craft sector. Of course, we'll still put everything in the right place and make sure it gets equal promotion across all of our channels.
August Craft Month takes places within Craft NI’s core activity and therefore does not have a dedicated budget to provide additional support to those participating in the festival.
Craft NI will provide those taking part in August Craft Month 2017 with marketing which will include:
- August Craft Month dedicated website and digital event listing.
- August Craft Month 2017 logo for all participants to use on their own marketing material.
Quality is the key characteristic of all practice that Craft NI supports. By this, we mean design-led contemporary work that:
- demonstrates high standards of technical skill and design;
- does not reproduce or restore but is innovative in its use of materials, aesthetic vision and/or processes;
- reflects the signature of the individual maker.
As it may not be possible to include every craft activity, priority will be given to activities which:
- Consider collaboration between craft and other creative industries
- Create an equal geographic spread of events across NI
- Are high quality and innovative events which engage a diverse and wide range of audiences including young and old people, people with disabilities and socially excluded audiences
- Are high quality and innovative events which have a focus on skill sharing and the acquisition of new skills
Craft NI receives funding from the Arts Council of Northern Ireland and Invest NI to help us deliver our role as coordinators of August Craft Month.
By clicking the ‘submit’ button below, you, as the event organiser(s), agree to:
- Include the August Craft Month 2017 logo in all online and print marketing for the event (due to be sent out to partners in due course);
- OR include a link to the August Craft Month online guide (URL due to be sent out to partners in due course upon completion of website)
- Complete the data capture sheet (which will be sent out to partners with the August Craft Month 2017 listings guide in June 2017) and return this to Craft NI no later than 1st September 2017 as outlined in the August Craft Month Partner Terms & Conditions.