Blacksmith Residency Opportunity
Armagh City, Banbridge & Craigavon Borough Council is embarking on a Heritage Lottery-funded project to develop Moneypenny’s Forge as a unique heritage craft facility on the banks of the Newry Canal. This 2-year project will increase access to the Forge through learning programmes, events and workshops. We are currently seeking proposals from experienced blacksmiths to participate in the delivery of the project through our six-month Blacksmith-in-Residence Programme.
We will offer the successful applicant:
- A residency fee of £7500
- Full access to the Forge and all equipment within, 7 days a week
- Access to a materials budget for the development of a new body of creative work
- Opportunity to earn additional income by creating objects for the Forge
- Opportunity to earn additional income by facilitating evening classes and events
require you to:
- Be available at the Forge a minimum of 2 days per week over a six-month period to deliver learning and drop-in sessions. (Additional sessions such as facilitating evening classes or events will be offered at a rate of £25 per hour.)
- Assist our team in developing the facility as an accessible and exciting learning space
- Contribute to the creative and professional development of our core user group – ‘Moneypenny’s Blacksmith Workshop’
For further information and an application pack, please contact: Louise Rice, Community Arts Development Officer Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 028 3831 1682
Submission Deadline: Monday 18th December.