Call for Applications: Pewter Live 2018
2018 marks the 30th anniversary of Pewter Live. In homage to this the Worshipful Company of Pewterers have set the challenge of producing an item, or range of items, that evoke a celebration, be it a wedding, christening, winning a competition or gaining a degree. The options are endless.
The judges are looking for a new slant on traditional items. Imagine aiming your item at a retailer such as John Lewis or Selfridges. What is going to make your piece stand out?
We encourage mixed media, although the item must be at least 50% pewter. The judges are looking for high quality pieces whether they are a one off designer item or something that could be mass-produced.
The challenge is open to any designer, manufacturer or student of three-dimensional objects based in the United Kingdom or Europe. Other Livery Companies are also welcome. If you are entering from another Livery Company please let us know.
The item can be any size, though for large scale pieces please liaise with the Company regarding transport/display.
Working drawings and realistic costings needs to accompany the initial design stage by 30 January 2018 - Open Competition deadline (students please see
the student brief).
- 30 January 2018 – Closing date for entries – entry form, description and non-returnable sketches or images
- February 2018 – Shortlisted entrants notified
- 13 April 2018– Images and information (50 word description) to be sent by email for use in catalogue and advance publicity
- 7 May 2018– Final designs to be delivered to Pewterers’ Hall
- 24 May 2018 – Winners announced and prizes presented.
All the entries will be displayed in Pewterers’ Hall from 22 – 24 May 2018 (open to public 10.00-17.00 on 23 May) and entrants are invited to attend at 11.45 on 24 May for the Prizegiving Ceremony.