Call for Dry Craft Freelance Tutors - Ards and North Down
Terra Nova Productions, Northern Ireland’s professional intercultural theatre company, is seeking up to 3 Freelance Craft Workshop Leaders to join our pool of Craft People working on the DREAM project.
The DREAM project is a PEACE IV funded, large-scale Shakespeare project building over the next 8 months to performances 2-5 May 2019, in Ards and North Down. We hope to hire a Craft Workshop Leaders who can demonstrate both professional and community engagement work, and who have an interest in providing a link between the Director and Designer on the project and the people of Ards and North Down.
We think that Craft Workshop Leaders with experience in accessible dry and decorative crafts such as knitting, paper crafting, masque making, crochet, yarn bombing etc will be most suitable, but are open to other areas of crafting.
Our aim is to offer a range free craft taster workshops across the Borough starting in November in order to draw together a group of community members who will ultimately work with the designer to provide decorative elements to be used as set props and costume on the production of A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
Responsible to: Andrea Montgomery, Artistic Director and Director of the DREAM Project, in dialogue with Diana Ennis, Set and Costume Designer.
Job Purpose: The Freelance Craft Workshop Leaders will be responsible for delivering 4 hour workshops across the Borough of Ards and North Down in November and December.
To join the pool Freelance Craft Workshop Leader will need to demonstrate:
• experience of running workshops with a range of community groups
• experience of working in the Borough of Ards and North Down with a good range of contacts
• some intercultural experience (although it doesn’t need to be in the area of crafting)
• some knowledge how their craft is applied in other cultures would be desirable
The Freelance Craft Workshop Leaders will:
• Liaise with our Company Manger to select the schools and community groups where they will deliver 4 hour taster workshops in Ards and North Down prior to Christmas.
• Liaise with the Artistic Director and Designer in order to maintain an awareness of the overall project they are part of, and provide feedback on interesting crafting skills that could be used on the production
• Undertake to ensure that participants in their workshops complete monitoring and evaluation forms required by the project.
Additional post-Christmas work will be discussed once the Freelance Craft Work-shop Leaders have completed the pre-Christmas taster workshops.
The fee for this work will be: £25 per hour for each 4 hour workshop. Some additional money (capped) is available to meet travel expenses from Belfast to Ards and North Down. Access to a car, and a clean driver’s license will be essential.
Please send a brief statement of how you meet the required experience and your CV to email@example.com by Friday 19th October 2018. Interviews will be in Belfast on Tuesday 23rd October, 2018.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday 19th October 2018.