Rising Stars is a curated, national platform to foster and champion students and recent graduates from BA and MA crafts, design and applied arts programmes
across the UK. Rising Stars aims to offer new makers their first step into the market place, through a curated, selling exhibition.
The programme will consist of the Rising Stars exhibition at New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham, that enables new makers to access the market place and collectors;
professional development including knowledge transfer and skills exchange, a national symposium; and a catalogue to act as a promotional tool for the
A professional development award of £500 and a solo exhibition at New Ashgate in 2021 for one of the makers in the exhibition is to be presented.
The dates are:
- Exhibition at New Ashgate Gallery, Farnham, 7 March - 18 April 2020
- Professional development day, the New Ashgate Gallery (date TBC)
- Professional development symposium, University for the Creative Arts, Farnham, followed by a private view at New Ashgate Gallery, 6 March 2020.
Submissions are invited from:
- recent graduates who completed their study in last 36 months
- makers at a pivotal moment in their early career due to changed circumstances.
Apply by email:
Application form: download it here or request a copy by email: email@example.com
3-5 images of the proposed work(s) (JPEG, 1-2MB in size, including full image captions and a title of the artwork in a file name).
CV (max. 2 pages)
Statement about your work of no more than 250 words.
DEADLINE: Monday 13th January 2020, 10am.
There is no fee to apply. The gallery takes a commission of 50% for the sold artwork.
Email your application to New Ashgate Gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org having your name in the subject field.
For informal enquiries, please contact: Gallery Director / 01252 713208.
Successful applicants will be covering their own travel and delivery costs and collection costs for unsold artworks.