Handmade in County Down Exhibition
South Down Craft collective is seeking expressions of interest from County Down based artists and makers to submit work for an August Craft Month exhibition
at Down Arts Centre titled ‘Handmade in County Down’
The exhibition will form part of South Down Craft Collective's August craft month events and will include work of our friends in the North Down Craft
Collective along with individual artists working or residing in County Down. South Down Craft Collective aims to promote the visual arts in the County
Down area and is keen to receive applications from artists and craftspeople working in painting, sculpture, ceramics, silversmithing, and jewellery,
textiles, printmaking, mixed media, glass, wood, metalwork, stone, basketry and weaving and recycled materials.
Gold, silver and Bronze people's Choice Prizes of £150, £100 and £50 will be awarded to the creators of the 3 pieces of work receiving most public votes over the course of the exhibition.
Exhibition opening: 6th August 2020 (continuing to 29th august 2020)
- Applicants must reside or work in the geographical area of County Down
- All work must be original and handmade, not assembled, and of gallery / exhibition standard
- Maximum of 4 pieces of work per applicant - number of pieces selected will be dependent on other submissions. Makers of jewellery may submit up to 4 collections or sets of work
- Successful submissions liable to 30% commission on any sales payable to Down Arts Centre
- £20 exhibition fee for successful applicants to cove administration, marketing and opening night hospitality
- Request, complete and return the 'Expression of Interest Form' from Jakki or Bridget at email@example.com attaching a good quality image of each submission by the deadline of 5pm on 1 May 2020
- Successful applicants will be informed by 29 May 2020