Tourism is developing rapidly in Northern Ireland and increasing synergies between this growing market and the craft industry are providing new and attractive opportunities for visitors, designer-makers and service providers.
Research shows that more people are looking for authentic experiences and want to engage with local communities and cultural activity. The craft industry provides a base for creative and cultural tourism development which has been recognised by tourism agencies, local authorities and cultural sector organisations.
Craft NI believes that there is a significant opportunity for the craft sector to develop products and services that are attractive to both local, regional and international tourists. We work closely with partners such as NI Tourist Board, Tourism Ireland and local government to develop this relationship as well as through programmes such as August Craft Month.
- Montserrat National Trust: Call for NI makers
- Tourism Northern Ireland
- Ann McNulty
- Craft NI Resource Space
- Design Onion
- Making Time Masterclass
- Michelle Stephens
- Museum and Creative Industries Toolkit
- NITB Creating Experiences: Naturally NI
- August Craft Month 2014 in the News
- Loads of Great Craft Locations
- NI Makers in the News in June
- PfG - Creative Industries Support
- Promote your craft business with new Discover Northern Ireland initiative
- The Perfect Gift this Winter
- The Very Best Valentines
- Website Upgrade News